Tri-County Lakes Administrative Commission (TLAC) Organization that consists of government representatives from the three counties around Smith Mountain Lake and the three counties around Leesville Lake (Bedford, Campbell, Franklin, Pittsylvania), as well as residents, business owners and AEP. It is responsible for administering local government money for such needs as debris cleanup, weed control and placement of navigational aids. Contact Paula Shoffner, Executive Director, (540)721-4400 for all tri-county inquiries. Her email is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leesville Lake was included in TLAC on July 1, 2014.
Navigational Aids Committee
Gerry Caprario, Joe Humphrey and Sam Kovacic
Establish Navigational Aids (lateral marks) on Leesville Lake to provide safe passage for the recreational use of boating and fishing.
Fiscal Year Objectives:
Prepare for installation and maintenance of lighted lateral marks for navigational aides on Leesville Lake.
- Identify location for the lateral marks.
- Prepare preliminary cost estimate for the installation and maintenance of the lighted lateral marks.
- Prioritize lateral marks for phased installation.
- Support establishment of approved non-lateral aides to navigation i.e. NO WAKE markers
- Participate in Appalachian’s “Draft Navigational Aids Study Plan”
If you are interested in volunteering for this committee, please contact Paula Shoffner at the TLAC office, 540-721-4400, or by e-mail at email@example.com .
Lou Revelle, Tony Capuco and Mike Lobue
The Environmental Committee will review issues such as debris, invasice vegetation and other water quality issues.