MINUTES

LEESVILLE LAKE ASSOCIATION

 

NOVEMBER 10, 2005

 

 MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS

 

 

CALL TO ORDER:

President Stan Goldsmith called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.  Members present were: Stan Goldsmith, President, Sam Skillman, Vice President, Bill Wallace, Treasurer, Julia Moore, Secretary, Richard Beaton, Gerry Caprario, Emma Johnson, Pete Pettit, Fred Tannehill, and Joe Weatherspoon.  Absent was Bill Morgan.

 

WELCOME:

Stan welcomed the Board and had Julie to read the minutes from the General Meeting on 10/13.  It was moved, seconded and approved that the minutes be approved.  Julie announced that Leesville Lake Association was now tax exempt. 

 

TREASURER’S REPORT:

Treasurer Bill Wallace passed out a copy of the budget report.  He reported total receipts in the amount of $26,251.82; total expenditures in the amount of $16,218, leaving a total of $10,033.05 in uncommitted funds.  Total member households are 289 with a renewal rate for 2006 of 65%.  Bill reported that renewals are slower at this time.  He also reported that 41 out of 150 hats had been sold.

 

BYLAWS AMENDMENT:

A motion was given and seconded for the consideration of the bylaws amendment for the addition of new Board members.  Gerry suggested that it be under Section 1A of Article 5.  Joe suggested adding a paragraph at the end of Section 1.  Pete suggested changing the wording from “appointed” to “elected”.  It was decided to add a paragraph to the end of Section 1.  All were in agreement except for 1 nay.  Pete had a question as to the wording in Section 3-Election.  Stan commented to amend the change and come back at the next meeting

 

NOMINATING COMMITTEE REPORT/ELECTION OF NEW SECRETARY:

Joe suggested that all board members need to look for a replacement.  Phyllis Garlick was nominated for Secretary.  Julie will remain the Membership Committee Chairperson.  Stan added the board now has an even number of board members and that the board should consist of an odd number.  There were no nominations at this time, but it would be discussed at the next meeting.

 

DEMONSTATION PROJECT UPDATE:

Sam thanked Gerry, Fred, Bill, J.B., Stan, Sherwood Zimmerman, Bill, and Mike for there help.  He reported that the pushing phase and the boom were working well.  So far, the man hours worked totaled 220.  1st week there were 20 @ 5 hrs. each, totaling 100 hrs, 2nd week there were 12 @ 5 hrs. each, totaling 60 hrs., 3re week there were 12 @ 5 hrs. each, totaling 60 hours.  Sam stated that Doug Haskins needs to work a 1 week (40 hr) time period.  It is estimated that it would only take 1 to 2 days to move what we have now.  Doug will move the debris, push it into piles, and will be burned at Butch’s.  It was suggested that Doug would push the crane into the designated coves, load the debris, and push it back to Butch’s.  He will probably start the end of November or the 1st of December.  We would need to have boats to identify the coves in which to move into.  Stan wants pictures and articles in all the local newspapers, and to possibly contact some local photographers.  Gerry suggested that the association may want to purchase some equipment and supplied the name and address of a used equipment magazine.

 

OLD BUSINESS:

It was decided that the amendment to the bylaws would be mailed out with the next mailing to all members.  A proposal to allot $300 for a printer for Phyllis was moved and seconded.

 

NEW BUSINESS:

Gerry questioned if the problems with the speed boats on SML and any regulations would apply to LVL.  Discussion on the subject concluded that none would apply.

 

ISSUES:

Julie has not completed the calendars, but will keep the board updated.  It was pointed out that the quarterly letter should be more of a newsletter.  Gerry inquired as to what to have after the hats were sold.  Banners for the cleanup boats and T-shirts were suggested.

 

DECEMBER MEETING:

The December meeting will be held at Julie’s, December 8th, per her invitation.  Everyone should bring an horsdevor.

 

Before closing, Gerry asked about receiving confirmation of the grandfathering of the docks.  Stan has sent correspondence to AEP, but has not yet received a reply.  Emma questioned if we have any publicity about the association, possibly using a Public Service announcement?  Stan commented that we should get something in the papers before the next meeting.    

 

The meeting adjourned at 8:45pm.

 

The next board meeting is scheduled for December 8th, 7:00 p.m., Julie Moore’s house at 2195 Terrapin Creek Rd.

 

FOLLOW-UP ACTION ITEMS

 

  1. Bill  to publish amended change of bylaws
  2. Stan awaiting answer from AEP to find out how they will acknowledge grandfathering dock forms
  3. Joe will proceed with finding additional board members

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

Phyllis H. Garlick, Secretary

 

 

November 14, 2005