MINUTES

LEESVILLE LAKE ASSOCIATION


February 12, 2009


BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING



CALL TO ORDER:

Vice-President Fred Tannehill called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm. Officers present were: Fred Tannehill, Vice President, Gerry Caprario, Treasurer, Phyllis Garlick, Secretary, Richard Beaton, Mike Lobue, Julie Moore, Carmen Perri, and Pete Pettit. Absent were: Sue Glasscock, Sharon Reilly, Mike Skillman and Sherwood Zimmerman. Also attending were members, Doc and Kitty Wasicko


MINUTES: Fred asked if there were any corrections or additions to the January General Meeting minutes. Gerry made a motion to except the minutes as presented. Richard seconded. All approved.


TREASURER’S REPORT:

Gerry Caprario provided the Treasurer’s report. Total receipts in the amount of $1,252.00; total expenditures in the amount of $254.14. The checking account closing balance is $65,881.66. Pete asked if the money for the navigational aids had been received. Gerry reported that they had not been received and that he would check with Sherwood for word on those funds. Gerry reported that he had two reels of steel rope that had been purchased for the construction of the boom. If these cannot be returned, Gerry will check with Pete Cox to see if he would like to purchase them. Julie made a motion to sell the reels for ½ price. Pete seconded. All approved. Gerry also mentioned that a new crane may be needed for the association clean-up barges.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Membership: Julie reported that there are 3 new members since the Board’s last meeting. Due to computer problems, Julie was unable to give a complete membership report but stated that she would send it via email. On 2/18/09 she sent an email stating as of our February meeting we had 338 member households(the highest it’s ever been) with an 82% renewal rate. She also reported receiving an anonymous letter reporting brush being left on the shore line across from Tri-County Marina. She stated that issue was addressed in the newsletter along with information about the fines. Mike reported that dues had not been received from a Board Member and requested that he be removed as a Board Member. Gerry moved that his appointment be rescinded. Julie seconded. Phyllis will send a letter to this effect.


Newsletter: Julie thanked Chris Lobue for mailing the newsletters.

Debris: Fred reported that Pete Cox is still having equipment problems. Butch Schaffer will store the debris for a fee. He also reported that we need someone to head-up the Clean up day. It was reported that AEP did a great job cleaning up the debris at Brumfield.


Navigation: Pete stated that he would like to correct the statement in the newsletter: Bud and Kathy Adkins have volunteered to adopt mile marker #9 instead of #6. He also questioned the status of the $25,000 from the State’s Budget and if it had been requested by Campbell County?


Water Quality: Mike reported that there would be a few changes to the 2009 program. There will be one team rather than 2 to take Secchi depth measurements and collect water samples for testing for E. coli. A water monitoring budget was prepared and submitted. He also noted that DEQ plans to monitor LVL once a month from April to October for a total of 7 months. A status report was submitted for the record.


Safety: Gerry is still available for vessel checks. Please contact him for an appointment.


NEW BUSINESS:

Gerry reported that the Hurt Fire Department is still in the planning stages for the fire boat. A donation was proposed, but will not be made at this time.


Mike reported that Altavista was having their Town Clean-up Day Saturday, March 21st. He asked if LVLA would consider helping as a group. Julie will send a mass email to see if anyone is interested.


Fred stated that more Board Members are needed and we should all be trying to help recruit .


Gerry mentioned the Water Poker Run. Phyllis will try to get some more info.


The next Board meeting will be on Thursday, March 12th at 7 p.m. at the Altavista Train Station.


The meeting was adjourned at 8:20.


Respectfully submitted,

Phyllis H. Garlick, Secretary

February 17, 2009