An organizational meeting of Leesville Lake residents interested in forming a lake association was held August 21, 2003, noon, at the Pit Stop.
Temporary/interim officers were nominated, seconded, and elected: President-Stan Goldsmith, Vice-President-Sam Skillman, Secretary-Julia Moore, Treasurer-Bill Wallace.
It was tentatively decided to call the group Leesville Lake Association.
The interim treasurer was authorized to open a bank account in the name of Leesville Lake Association with the interim President Stan Goldsmith and interim Treasurer Bill Wallace as authorized signers on the account.
- President: Schedule Executive Committee meeting to consider how best to advertise future meetings to more lake residents and discuss how to come up with names and addresses of lake residents.
- Treasurer: To collect $25 from households to help defray costs of formation of not-for-profit association and to advertise future meetings.
- Secretary: To publish names, addresses, and phone numbers of attendees of 8/21/03 meeting.
- Stan and Fred Bragg to talk to Altavista officials to locate a place for our first general meeting.
- Meeting will be scheduled during the week of September 15-19 if possible.
Julia B. Moore, Secretary
September 4, 2003