August 10, 2012 Minutes of Board Meeting
Leesville Lake Association, Inc., August 9, 2012
Altavista Train Station, Altavista, Va.
Present: Beaton, Bratz, Marshall, Moore, Pettit, Tannehill, Zimmerman,
Absent: Dalton, Estes, Revelle
Call to Order: By Zimmerman at 7 p.m.
Minutes of Annual Members’ Meeting, July 14: Approved on motion by Tannehill, second by Moore.
Treasurer's Report: Approved on motion by Tannehill, second by Pettit.
• To Board: Zimmerman and Tannehill elected unanimously to Board for one-year term on motion by Bratz, second by Moore.
• To Assn Officer: Zimmerman, Tannehill, Moore and Bratz elected unanimously to their respective current positions for one-year term on motion by Bratz, second by Pettit.
Membership & Newsletter (Moore):
• 307 members (313 last month); 4 new members during past year (of goal of 12); 66% renewal rate last year.
• Reported computer used by Dalton inoperable; Motion by Tannehill, second by Bratz, to expend up to $1,500 for purchase of new or used computer and software needed to produce the newsletter unanimously approved by hand vote.
Debris (No chairman):
• Zimmerman read letters from Butch Schaffer and Bill Smielewski regarding AEP’s inadequate debris removal, adding that Schaffer sent his to AEP and several authorities/officials. Board recommended Zimmerman forward Smielewski’s letter to AEP with the Board’s endorsement of his views.
• Bratz reported some 20 people fewer than registered attended the annual picnic, making the cost-per-person higher than estimated. And proposed holding the event in alternate locations up and down the lake as a potential way to attract more attendance and relieve the demands placed on the Tri-County Marina staff year-after-year.
Navigational Aids (Pettit): No new information to report. Zimmerman asked Pettit to work contact Mile Lobue to discover buoy marker process/requirements and report them at next meeting.
Water Quality (Lobue): Reported by E-mail.
Health & Safety: None.
Public Relations (Bratz): No new information to report.
Old Business: None
• Zimmerman called on Bratz to highlight the organizational and operational topics he sent to the Executive Committee via message of July 18, subject: “Proposals for Action.” Wide-ranging discussion ensued; Zimmerman asked Bratz to send the message to other Board members, and asked them to be prepared to discuss the topics and others germane to the future of the Assn.
• Bratz asked what the Assn is going to do regarding selling No Wake signs use on docks. Zimmerman said he will bring a “sample” sign to the next meeting.
Adjournment: At 8:46 by acclamation.