Open position in need of volunteers
To increase membership; welcome new members; answer members’ questions; keep members informed of current activities; bill for and receive annual dues payments (done in conjunction with General Membership Meeting announcements mailed by Secretary); track member renewal dates.
Membership Committee and Chairperson responsibilities include:
Recruit new members
- Attend local gatherings with LLA materials and membership applications, e.g., Uncle Billy’s Day in Altavista.
- Write a quarterly report for the E-newsletter (see update/communicate below), including soliciting the assistance of current members in finding new members.
- Reach out to all HOAs and subdivisions on and near the lake, maintaining contact to hear about new homeowners.
- Work with local chambers of commerce and other outreach groups.
(Update and) Maintain database of current and expired members.
- Keep names, addresses and spellings of each correct and up-to-date.
- Send thank you notes for donations.
- Send welcome packet.
- Obtain trinkets for giveaways.
- Respond to inquiries.
- Maintain property owners list.
- Monthly reporting – statistics of total members, new members, activities planned for next month for recruiting and outreach.
- Write quarterly article for E-newsletter.
- Provide monthly reports at the Board of Directors and General Membership Meetings.
- Provide information and review draft of LLA calendar for accuracy.
- Assist with planning General Membership Meetings to encourage attendance by members.
If you would like more information or would like to join the committee, please contact our committee chairman at email@example.com